Concurso Internacional de Piano Premio Jaén. Diputación Provincial de Jaén, Palacio Provincial. 23071 Jaén (España)
From April 20 to 28, 2017.
Antiguo Hospital de San Juan de Dios of Jaén, will take place the draw of lots on April 20.
New Theather “Infanta Leonor” of Jaén, will take place:
Opening Act, April 20, at 20.30 hours
First eliminatory performance, 21, 22 and 23 April.
Second eliminary performance, 24 and 25 April
Third eliminary performance, 26 April
Final performance with orchestra, 28 April, at 19.00 hours
Orchestra will accompany the contestants during the Final
The "Orquesta Ciudad de Granada", which is the owner of this event.
* Winning Award: 20.000 euros, Gold Medal, Diploma, a six concert tour sponsored by: the “Real Sociedad Económica de Amigos del País" in Jaén, the Orquesta "Ciudad de Granada" OCG, the Foundation Eusophia (Málaga) and by Ferd. Thürmer in the concert hall "Thürmersaal" in Bochum/Germany, and a compact disc recording with the record label Naxos.
* Second Award: 12.000 euros and a Diploma.
* Third Award: 8.000 euros and a Diploma.
* “Rosa Sabater” Award: given to the best Spanish music interpretation, consisting on 6.000 euros, a Diploma and a concert which one take place in the "Real Sociedad Económica de Amigos del País" in Jaén. Sponsoring by the City Council of Jaén.
* "Contemporary Music" Award: given to the best interpretation of the obligatory work, consisting on 6.000 euros and a Diploma. Sponsoring by the Culture Ministry of Spanish Government.
* "Audience Award": given by the audience attending the final event, consisting on a 25 cm piano bronce sculpture.
Each participant who successfully passes the first eliminatory test and participate in the second eliminatory round will be granted a travelling allowance of 300 euros. This amount will be raised to 400 euros if the participant in question also passes the second eliminatory test, participate in the third eliminatory round but does not obtain any prize. The accommodation for all the participants, during his participation in the competition, will be at charges of the Organisation.
The Organisation could propose during the Competition some recitals in different places in the Province of Jaén for those participants who were eliminate of Competition but showed, based on the judgment of jury, a special artistic level.
Composer: Josué Bonnín de Góngora
The Pianist Joaquín Reyes Cabrera and the architect Pablo Castillo García-Negrete created in 1953 the "Alpine Club Award", held for two years. In 1955, the Instituto de Estudios Giennenses took over sponsorship of the contest prize which was renamed Piano Prize "Jaen".
The first competition, held in 1956, was won Jacinto Matute Narro, who received 30 € which was equipped with the event.
If international character originally had a national award, from the sixties acquired international status.
The Instituto de Estudios Giennenses organized the event between 1956 and 1988. From that year, the Provincial Council took over sponsorship and organization of the same.
Since 1993, the contest has a obligatory work written by a Spanish composer specifically for this event which opens worldwide in the International Piano Competition Prize "Jaén. Thus, the work must have been composed by prestigious musicians such as Anton García Abril, Tomas Marco, José García Román, Xavier Montsalvatge, José Luis Turina and Luis de Pablos, among others.
The International Piano Competition Prize "Jaén has singularities which is the oldest of which was held in Spain in this kind of music, youth-only participants can register pianists under 32 years, and also that the heats include binding interpretation of a musical work composed expressly for this event by renowned Spanish composer. In this way, around a dense literature prize musical.